Help Support Senior Information Centre
Every human has his or her own perception of time but inevitably everybody goes through the full ageing process without exception. Issues that may not seem relevant or overly pressing now may become quite urgent later on and when it does, where do you go for help?
We are inspired everyday by the generosity of our donors. When you give to the Seniors Information Centre you help older adults and their caregivers remain active and contributing community members. This is a free service for those in need. We assist those most vulnerable in the areas of housing, food security, facing increasing financial challenges or other life transitions and your donations help to restore hope and dignity in peoples’ lives.
There are many ways to support the Centre. You may choose to give cash or send a cheque. Donations can also be easily done once or monthly via the Canada Helps website, www.canadahelps.org. Tax receipts will be issued for donations of $20 or more. You can even give in tribute or in memory.
As a corporate organization:
Donating can be in many forms other than monetary and is just as valuable. Whether you’re looking to achieve your corporate social responsibility goals or demonstrate your commitment, we could use your can help with:
- Corporate Sponsorship
- Corporate gifting such as gift certificates, coupons or gift cards that could be used to purchase goods or services from a designated business
- Donate/sponsor employee time with technical expertise
As an employee organizing your own or a third party event
By organizing your own event, you will develop your leadership skills while fundraising for a cause that can make a huge difference in a person’s life. Choose something that reflects who you are and what you like.
Here are a few ideas for great workplace fundraisers or to create your own event:
- Dare the boss …. yes, the boss… if he/she is game and have a little fun for a great cause. Such an event can get really creative. Set a target and go for it!
- Inter-department jeopardy tournament – competitive anyone? Try an inter-generational match; you’ll find out many interesting facts at the same time … who knew? Have spectators make a donation to watch the big match or charge a fee to enter. Your department gets bragging rights till the next match.
- Raffle or 50/50 draw
- Gala dinners
- Silent auctions
- Casual dress days at work
- Car wash
- Bowling tournament
- Lunchtime bingo or mini putt game
- Toonie drive
- Used book sale
- Speaker lunch
- Morning coffee donation jar
Before any event is promoted to the public, the Seniors Information Centre must approve your third-party event. Once you get the green light, you’re good to start making your event come true! If you need additional information, please contact our office via email: email@example.com or call 506 855-1121.
Your contributions will always be appreciated and acknowledged. For those who get involved or help with fundraising and don’t mind having their picture taken, we’ll snapshot you and your group for our Primetime magazine and Facebook page. Yes, just like rock stars because in our eyes, you are!